Tuesday, May 15, 2007

NATO Considers Rapid Reaction Force To Help Big Oil

RickB at Ten Percent has an important post up today, which deserves to be read in full -
Then:-

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested.-

Now:-

Jamie Shea, director of policy planning in the office of Nato’s secretary-general, said the proposal may mean sending Nato forces to Africa, Asia and the Middle East to protect oil companies’ facilities.
“In Nato, we are looking very actively at using our maritime resources,” Shea told a conference in London on Monday. He said Nato wanted to “see how we can link up with oil companies”.
Shea said he had so far discussed the issue with Royal Dutch Shell and BP, respectively the world’s second- and third-largest Western oil companies by market value.-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.

Please be considerate... no off-topic, racist, sexist or homophobic comments.

Comment moderation is on.

No anonymous comments will be accepted..