Friday, September 14, 2007

Branding & Sloganeering for btv

burlington has a new logo and slogan



"The West Coast of New England"



Well, they didn't ask me. I'll admit everyone is entitled to their opinion. I love design, but I think the process for this new look was uninspiring. Blah. No waterfront. A hint of mountains. The buildings on it push the Marketplace, but seem lifeless, a sort of generic Burlington greeting. But it lacks people.

No fan of CEDO, but when I was on the advisory board of the Community Justice Center, a part of the Center for Community and Neighborhoods, we helped choose this for the CCAN logo. A much better "alive" feel of the city. I wish the out-of-town design firm had incorporated some of the features of CCAN's into theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.

Please be considerate... no off-topic, racist, sexist or homophobic comments.

Comment moderation is on.

No anonymous comments will be accepted..