Wednesday, March 4, 2009

DEMAND A BURLINGTON MAYORAL IRV ELECTION RECOUNT!

Hey, I listened this morning to Mark Johnson's program and interview with Kurt Wright, too. And I'm for a recount, too. There are too many questions about how it's handled for IRV and I sure as fuck don't trust how it was done on election night in Burlington! Jonathan Leopold did a crap job explaining what was happening to those present after the polls closed. It was not at all enlightening. I could even see the confusion on the faces of the press in Contois Auditorium. During the day, I'd spent several hours outside one of the ward polling locations, and let me tell you, a lot of people were questioning the whole IRV system in Burlington. I'm for a recount and I phoned Kurt Wright to urge him to demand one. I'm not alone in wanting one. Do a recount to challenge the "system" and prove that the votes were counted correctly and to assure doubters .

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jay, many thanks for your wonderful pun on Lenin's Tomb ("actually he's no account"); at least, I think it was a pun.

    Anyway, have a nice day as they say in the USA.

    Yours etc.
    The Count of Monte Cristo in a Bubble Car.

    p.s. Did you catch Geert Wilders on the O'Reilly Factor on Fox the other day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah. Nope, don't watch O'Reilly, but it stands to "reason" that Wilders was on his programme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jay, you right-winger sore-loser, you. Ha, ha! That's what people are saying, you know. I hope that doesn't keep Kurt from asking for a re-count. There are certainly enough people uneasy about IRV - not just people who supported Kurt. (You know, right-wingers like Sandy Baird.)

    I am so sick of the language that is used to shut down political opposition. Instead of defending IRV, they just attack the opponents on IRV.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.

Please be considerate... no off-topic, racist, sexist or homophobic comments.

Comment moderation is on.

No anonymous comments will be accepted..