Friday, October 10, 2008

HAIK BEDROSIAN WITHDRAWS FROM WARD 7 CITY COUNCIL RACE

After thoughtful consideration, Haik Bedrosian, the owner of BurlingtonPol blog, has decided to withdraw his candidacy for Burlington's Ward 7 city councilor race in the 2009 March city election.
Friday, October 10, 2008

I am withdrawing from the Ward Seven City Council race. After many conversations with my wife, and after serious consideration, I have decided that I will not be a candidate for City Councilor from Ward Seven in the March 2009 election.

I am grateful for all the encouragement to run that I have received from Democrats, Republicans and Independents of the new north end, but this is not my time to run. Seeing to the needs of my children and my family are my priority. For now at least, a run for office would be diversion from that priority, and splitting my time between family and city government would not be of adequate service to either.
Haik adds that he will consider a run the following year and
I will keep spending a little time working on this blog, and on using it to cover the upcoming local races and the folks who actually do decide to run in them this cycle.
I completely understand Haik's reasoning - I know he is thoroughly devoted this his family - and I'm glad that he will continue be civically engaged by covering the candidates and the important issues facing Burlington in the months and year ahead. Thanks, Haik, we're grateful that you care so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.

Please be considerate... no off-topic, racist, sexist or homophobic comments.

Comment moderation is on.

No anonymous comments will be accepted..