Tuesday, December 11, 2012

CORPORATE SELL-OUT WITH A RIGHT-WING BACKGROUND. WHO KNEW?

I've never liked him, over-rated twat. One of the reasons why I think writing in The New Yorker has gone down the tubes. I see quite a few people I respect carry around books by Malcolm Gladwell. To impress? To appear informed? Do they really know? From S.H.A.M.E, Shame the Hacks who Abuse Media Ethics - a website that is new to me and well worth the read, I find:
In the vast ecosystem of corporate shills, which one is the most effective? Propaganda works best when it is not perceived as propaganda: nuance, obfuscation, distraction, suggestion, the subtle introduction of doubt—these are more effective in the long run than shotgun blasts of lies. The master of this approach is Malcolm Gladwell.
Oh, just go read the whole goddamn essay and you'll see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.

Please be considerate... no off-topic, racist, sexist or homophobic comments.

Comment moderation is on.

No anonymous comments will be accepted..