Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Coulda fooled me!

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Northeast
Philadelphia
The Midland
The South
Boston
The West
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


No offence - oops, I mean offense (haha) - but I've never been asked if I was from Wisconsin. I've never even been to the 'inland North,' though I grew up as a kid in the NYC and New England; after uni I lived for over 20 years in Houston, Texas; and having lived in south-east England for a while, I can mimic the best Estuary accent. It was fun to do the quiz. How did all y'all do? :-P

Cheers to Michele at Anglican Underground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.

Please be considerate... no off-topic, racist, sexist or homophobic comments.

Comment moderation is on.

No anonymous comments will be accepted..