Yesterday, in Middelburg, they were presented by Queen Beatrix and Princess Máxima of the Netherlands to the following recipients:
- International Four Freedoms Award 2008 Dr. Richard Freiherr von Weizsäcker (Former President of Germany)
- Freedom of Speech and Expression Mr. Lakhdar Brahimi (one of 'The Elders', the organization from which Princess Mabel is the director)
- Freedom of Worship Dr. Karen Armstrong (British author and expert on religion who contributed to better understanding of Christianity, Islam and Judaism)
- Freedom from Want Jan Egeland (Norwegian diplomat who played a key role in the negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians, resulting in the Oslo-agreements)
- Freedom from Fear Ms Willemijn Verloop (Co-founder, together with Princess Mabel, of War Child Netherlands, which invests in a peaceful future for children affected by war)
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting.
Please be considerate... no off-topic, racist, sexist or homophobic comments.
Comment moderation is on.
No anonymous comments will be accepted..