Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Issue is Gay Marriage

That's what Vermont Dem lege leaders Shumlin and Symington say. They've called for a commission to study how Vermonters feel about it.

Of course, I'm queer, and I'm for gay marriage, but why now? And why, after a mediocre 2007 legislative session? I think it's a political stunt. Why to the hets always use queer folk as a way to get votes?

Note to Gaye and Peter: Check out the Vermont Freedom to Marry Taskforce site poll results.

Though I'm pleased to see that my own state rep Johanna Donavan, and Episcopalians (former Gov) Phil Hoff and the Revd Nancy Vogele are on the commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.

Please be considerate... no off-topic, racist, sexist or homophobic comments.

Comment moderation is on.

No anonymous comments will be accepted..