Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Reading for Today

A Celtic Dressing Prayer

Daily Reading for July 16

I am giving Thee worship with my whole life,
I am giving Thee assent with my whole power,
I am giving Thee praise with my whole tongue,
I am giving Thee honour with my whole utterance.

I am giving Thee love with my whole devotion,
I am giving Thee kneeling with my whole desire,
I am giving Thee love with my whole heart,
I am giving Thee affection with my whole sense,
I am giving Thee my existence with my whole mind,
I am giving Thee my soul, O God of all gods.

A Celtic dressing prayer, quoted in Seeking God: The Way of St. Benedict by Esther de Waal (Liturgical Press, 1984).


(From Speaking to the Soul.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.

Please be considerate... no off-topic, racist, sexist or homophobic comments.

Comment moderation is on.

No anonymous comments will be accepted..